Monday, August 6, 2012

Amazing Vegan Cheese & My Favourite Shop…


Just a quick post today. I have 2 ‘finds’ that I just have to share with you all…

Firstly ~ I have to sing the praises of the most amazing shop & café ~ ‘The Green Edge’ at 191 Wardell St Enoggera (Brisbane). I hardly know where to start…the entire shop is vegan! Yep…every single thing in the shop. For a vegan, or someone shopping for a vegan, it is like a genuine treasure chest! I can go in there and know that anything I pick up is suitable ~ it’s incredible. The staff are so helpful and they all really ‘know their stuff’. They’re always there to steer me in the right direction when I’m looking for something and don’t know which products are the nicest. The burgers they serve in the café are to die for…fresh, and so yummy. I can’t sing their praises high enough (not to mention that their cakes ~ the chocolate cheesecake in particular ~ are spectacular). Check out their website, and make a trip to the shop – it’s always worth it!


But…my most exciting ‘find’, and the product I’m having a complete love affair with at the moment is the ‘Vegusto No Moo Mildly Aromatic Cheese’. It was recommended by the staff at The Green Edge, which is one of the reasons my son & I love them so much! It’s a Vegan alternative to cheese that actually tastes like real cheese ~ heavenly. It’s made by Swiss cheese makers, so it’s the real deal, and it’s dairy, casein, gluten, soy, cholesterol and palm oil free. It’s not cheap, at $10.50 for 200g, but I would pay just about anything for a cheese alternative that’s so fantastic – I usually hate any ‘mock’ cheese – and you only have to use a tiny bit at a time. Our favourite things to make at the moment are simple cheese & tomato toasties – on either focaccia or light rye bread. Mmmmmm.



Thanks Green Edge ~ you guys rock.

Next time round I’m going to talk a little about some of the fundamentals of Vego living…so stay tuned J

And please sign up to receive my brand new e-Newsletter (link to the left). It’s full of inspiring (I hope!) information and a great way to stay in touch with what I’m up to via my business, Inspire Inq.








The Green Edge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment